The Friends of ORWH (FORWH) is a coalition of organizations that support the important work of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH). The FORWH coalition is comprised of groups representing scientists, researchers, clinicians, policy advocates, and patients. Together, these groups are committed to prioritizing sex and gender disparities and needs within biomedical research and within our health care system. The coalition’s primary goal is to advocate for federal support of ORWH’s mission, to ensure stable resources for the ORWH, and to improve awareness of ORWH’s ongoing programs and successes.
- Organize meetings with the ORWH Director and relevant senior staff
- Submit annual appropriations testimony
- Organize sign-on letters related to the budget and appropriations
- Sponsor briefings, tours, and other events to promote ORWH
- Share correspondence and periodic with FORWH members